Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Cloud Catalog #98.


Sad news: Books for Less Valero closed down several weeks ago. I usually dropped by there when office work got too stressful and it comforted me in such a way that only a nerd in love with the smell of musty books could understand. I wouldn't brag that I bought many books there 'cause I didn't, perhaps I only purchased not more than five, but the place had been a staple of my everyday walks during break time. I remember, on my first day at work I went there at lunchtime, not knowing that the boss bought pizza for the new employees. So all the time I was there, browsing through books and unaware that my colleagues were wondering where I was. I wouldn't trade that memory for anything. Anyway, any bookstore that shuts down is a reason to be sad. Thanks for the memories, friendly neighbor. 

No comments: