Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Cloud Catalog #79.

Posting it here so I'd remember what to do next time. Make Matt or Aaron or Bryce a postcard! And request "Baby We'll Be Fine." Hay, so much for dreaming.

*

"When The National came to Tucson last year, I wanted nothing more than to hear Slipping Husband. I made a little postcard with the lyrics (see below). During a quiet moment, I shouted, “Matt, I got you a postcard!” He came to the edge of the stage and took it from my hand. He jokingly collapsed and said “Oh my God, there’s anthrax on it!” But he set it down, and said he would read it later. Realizing that would defy its purpose, I blurted out, “Can you play Slipping Husband please?” Matt laughed, and said a terse, “no.” Aaron explained, “We don’t play songs that are that angry anymore.” Bryce offered to play the first two bars. He did so, and I was overjoyed. Good enough for me. It was so cool to have such a personal interaction with one of my favorite bands DURING their show. It was definitely a moment I’ll never forget. On my way back to my car, I saw Bryce at the stage door, and got him to sign my copy of the Conversation 16 lyrics that the tech gave me after the show. He gave me a message which gives me a bit of hope, promising to play Slipping Husband next time. Now I just have to figure out how to remind them…"

(via)

No comments: