Friday, April 6, 2012

Cloud Catalog #68.


I'm on a good mixture, I don't want to waste it

Vacation started two days ago and I haven't really done anything worthy to write about, not that I need to, but my days were just wasted on watching replays of television shows and my nights on browsing the Internet and reading and playing music in my room. I usually sleep at around 4 A.M. and wake up past lunchtime, and it's the best feeling in the world. My sisters would be awake by then, and I'd happily lie on the couch and grab whatever's on the dining table. 

When my mother died I think my siblings and I have gotten closer, and I'm happy that I'm spending more time with them than with anyone else. As I type this, it's 11 P.M. and my father just arrived, desperately drunk, staggering as he's being carried by my brother. My eldest sister is reminding him not to piss again anywhere inside our house, because he's an irresponsible man who pisses everywhere when he's drunk, even at a basket of clean clothes. So now you know why I don't have any sympathy for alcoholics. Anyway, we're more tempered now with regard to his drinking than before. But I still hate him for not having any concern at all with his health. 

I promised to listen to new music during the holidays, having received some downloads from Ali, but aside from One Direction (sorry!!!!) my iPod's fixated on The National again, especially on Alligator. I believe listening to The Black Sessions has rekindled this, and all feelings considered, I can safely say now that this is my most favorite record of theirs. Man, "Friend of Mine," "Looking for Astronauts," "Lit Up," "All the Wine," City Middle," "The Geese of Beverly Road," and god, "Baby We'll Be Fine"--every track is so freaking beautiful. I wish I also saw them when they toured for Alligator, so I'd be able to hear all these songs live. I'm dying to see them again, as in dying dying dying. They're a billion times better live! What I'd give just to watch them again in concert. Huhu.

No comments: