It's not really a pressing concern as far as emotional fulfillment is concerned, but a huge source of worry for me these days is I can't stop buying books, bordering on the insanely excessive. I order from Book Depo and Better World Books, then there are Booksale and Fullybooked and National Bookstore and Powerbooks branches, then recently I discovered Blink, an online site that sells used books and carries some interesting titles.
Ugh this whole business of waiting long weeks for payday and then once it comes all I do is splurge on damn paperbacks! Hell! But what can I do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ huhu I wish I can just control it — or be more disciplined.
There are at least two film festivals coming in November, and I want to catch them, of course, but I need to save up if I am intent on seeing the films. But whenever I think of those books I want to buy and read eventually, that childish satisfaction coming from not only owning things but also possessing them — in fact, living in them — how can I fight the urge?
Ayn told me a few days ago, as we were choosing stuff to order from BWB (on sale!): Buying books is never unwise. Huhu Ayn not helping.
Wednesday, October 22, 2014
Stop!
Posted by
Richard
at
12:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ilipat ang adiksyon sa pagkain. O sa art. O sa lalake. O sa art at lalake. O sa art at pagkain. O sa pagkain at lalake. http://vimeo.com/102705981
Post a Comment