There are days when I imagine that my mother would have done other things aside from being a housewife, like, perhaps, working for a cafeteria--every time I buy food at the NIGS canteen I think of this--or perhaps she'd be selling siomai at one of those LRT stations, and I'd be visiting her there, buying as many siomai as I could, helping her earn, sharing them with her, waiting for her to pack up the stall so we could go home together after a stressful day. I would have wanted her to experience many things, stuff that I felt she's too scared to do. If I had enough money I would have taken her anywhere she wanted, places I knew we'd be happy to go. She's a great cook like most mothers, but it saddens me that I wasn't able to bring her to the best restaurants around. There's nothing I could do now but long for things we weren't able to do, things I wasn't able to provide for her.
Tuesday, September 18, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment