
I was still a kid when I discovered The Monkees. There was a CD of their greatest hits in one of our shelves and curious, I popped it into our player. They play the type of music that your parents usually listened to when they were young or danced to when they went out with their paramours. To my surprise I was immediately drawn to the band. Their lyrics are simple but heart-tugging, their melodies lovely and golden. I love every single track from that collection--"Last Train to Clarksville," "Pleasant Valley Sunday," A Little Bit Me, A Little Bit You," "I'm A Believer," and of course, "Daydream Believer,"--but my favorite Monkees song will always be "Shades of Gray." It's beautiful in its straightforwardness, short and sweet. Today I learned about Davy Jones's passing and was completely saddened.
Wednesday, February 29, 2012
Cloud Catalog #12.
Posted by
digitalburyong
at
9:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment