Friday, May 14, 2010

Friday afternoon and this is what I write about.

Oh, this is one happy thought. Writing about songs.



One perfect song from The Osmonds, way back in 1974. Take note how intricate their steps are (how they do that bend in " . . you bend and you fold me, any way you please . . "). The brothers even trade places. And notice how varied their hand movements are? And how each one of them has uniquely colored pants and undershirts? You just gotta love this! Pang-vidyoke.



Now this one's from Boyzone. One perfect remake. Boyzone made a comeback and toured again in 2008. A year later, Stephen Gately died.

I'll always remember my friend in high school who cried when she found out that Stephen came out. In our school, that time, anyone crying was reason enough to call the principal's office. So I wonder how she reacted when Stephen died. Me, I felt sad. And this was the first song that came to mind when I read the news.

This one's a less happy performance compared to what they did in their Tour (damn embedding is disabled so please click here), though the steps are better appreciated in this video. Watch the Tour performance first!

Anyway, not that they're too old to dance like that but the steps are really funny. Funny in a charming way, like the way Mikey introduces the song. And it's cute when old men are dancing, just for the heck of it.

Notice that Stephen Gately sort-of-red-scarf-but-not-really-a-scarf? How it is complemented by Ronan's red belt and Keith's red undershirt? Yay! And like the Osmonds' video there is also audience participation! Winner. Okay, Stephen, wherever you are, you know your band's version will always be the one I like better. You look so happy here.



Causers of This - Toro Y Moi

2 comments:

dodo dayao said...

ang galeng galeng galeng ng Osmonds, Chard. wasak!
seryoso. :)

digitalburyong said...

I-bidyoke na natin yan! Gusto ko may moves din.