Saturday, May 5, 2012

Cloud Catalog #111.

Rain or shine, I wouldn't miss this for the world. Pupil at 70s Bistro:


I just woke up and I'm still high with adrenaline rush from last night's mindblowing set. They performed a lot of songs from Beautiful Machines (Kalawakaaaaaaaan!) and three covers, the most notable of which is Under Pressure during the encore! Also, SUPERPROXY. I didn't cry but I swear my eyes were about to fall off.


They actually opened with Disconnection Notice...

Their set started past midnight and finished close to 2 AM. I was itching to have a picture taken with Ely, alone that I was, but I hesitated after realizing how daunting it would be. Then I went to the CR and saw him there--golly, my chance--but still hesitated because I had a feeling he was really tired and would like nothing else but a fan encounter in the washroom.

Anyway, my knees were about to give up, so as soon as I bought the Archipelago CD from Yani (I made a joke which he didn't get, unfortunately), I hopped into a cab and went straight to Bolix and Sherwin's flat in Eastwood. I ate like a pig, downed a glass of beer, and talked in what seemed like for ever. Thank you, Bolix. What a night. Also, Japandroiiiiidsss!

No comments: